Data Protection Directive for QUANDOO.com.hk, A PRODUCT OF QUANDOO hong kong limited (Status: 18.11.2016).
1.1 Welcome to Quandoo.com.hk. The protection of your personal data is an important concern to us. In the following, we explain the information we record during your visit to our website and how it is used.
1.2 By accepting the following Data Protection Directive a user also concurrently expresses his consent to Quandoo Hong Kong Limited (hereinafter referred to as QUANDOO) as the provider and operator of (i.) the www.quandoo.com.hk platform as well as (ii.) the respective mobile apps (hereinafter referred to as Quandoo) to collect, process and utilise his personal data within this Quandoo-channels and pursuant to the following provisions and in compliance with the applicable legal provisions, in particular the data protection laws.
- RESPONSIBLE AUTHORITY, right of withdrawal and right to information
2.1 In the meaning of the applicable data protection laws, Quandoo Hong Kong Limited, 1806, 18th Floor, Tower Two, Lippo Centre, 89 Queensway, Hong Kong, is the responsible authority for the processing of data on this platform.
2.2 A user is entitled to receive information on his own data stored by us free of charge, at any time and without giving any reasons. A user is entitled to request at any time that his data stored by us shall be blocked, corrected or deleted. Furthermore, a user is entitled at any time to revoke his consent for us to collect, process and/or use his personal data without giving any reasons. For this purpose, the user sends his revocation by e-mail to email@example.com or by post to the address stated.
- Overview of relevant DATA
QUANDOO (or QUANDOO´s webspace-provider) collects, processes and utilises the following data:
- Access data. I.e., data on every access to the Website/Offer (recorded by so-called server log files), such as designation of the invoked webpage, file, date and time of access, amount of data transferred, notification of successful invocation, browser type incl. browser version, the user’s operating system, referrer URL (previously visited webpage), IP-address and the provider used for access.
- Personal data. I.e., data that can help to make an individual identifiable, which a user enters to the Quandoo system – e.g., to register or to purchase vouchers – such as name, address, telephone number, date of birth, age and e-mail address.
- Usage data. I.e., data that results from the use of the Quandoo system such as data regarding restaurant reservations as well as the behaviour of the individual user when surfing the Quandoo site e.g., the restaurants viewed.
- Web-usage data. I.e., data that is collected by means of a standard technology (”Cookies”) and web server logs and containing information and data on how the website is used. Such data includes the date and time a user used the Quandoo site, information on the individual websites invoked, the time spent on the website and the websites a user visited before and after the use of the Quandoo site. Moreover, QUANDOO also uses the IP-address of the user’s computer in order to identify a user’s geographical location and in order to offer a user localised content in the user’s local language.
- Submitted evaluations. I.e., data a provided by a user when writing a review about a restaurant or when providing a rating regarding a restaurant visit. For this purpose, a user will select a username for the review section.
- Information regarding a restaurant visit. I.e., data regarding a visit to a restaurant for which a user made a reservation via Quandoo.
- USE OF YOUR DATA
4.1 QUANDOO uses the log data only for statistical evaluations and for the purpose of operations, security and the optimisation of the Offer. However, the QUANDOO reserves the right to subsequently review the log data in situations, where a justified suspicion based on tangible grounds indicates illegal use.
4.2 QUANDOO will only collect, use and relay personal information, if permitted by law or if the user has consented to the collection of data.
4.3 In particular QUANDOO utilises personal user data for the following purposes:
- QUANDOO stores, processes and utilises personal user data in order to provide the Quandoo platform to the user, including restaurant evaluations, and to render the services requested by a user such as executing restaurant reservations for such user. The data required for the processing of restaurant reservations (such as name and telephone number of a user) will be passed on to the restaurants selected by such user.
- QUANDOO stores, processes and utilises the usage data of a user to advise a user on offers that might be of interest for such user. For this purpose, QUANDOO evaluates the data stored about a user. Based on the findings of such evaluation, QUANDOO will e.g., customise banner ads and offers on Quandoo personally to a user.
A user hereby expressly consents that QUANDOO will display personalised advertising to him on the Quandoo website, which is based on the findings derived from the evaluation of his personal data. A user can object to the use of his data for this purpose at any time, if he wishes to do so.
- Furthermore, QUANDOO stores, processes and utilises the data of a user for monitoring the flow of visitors on the Quandoo site and to perform analyses on the performance of the website in order to be able to improve the user experience.
- The personal data of users is also stored, processed and utilised in order to improve Quandoo and in order to prevent or uncover abuse, particularly fraud.
- The information provided by a user will be stored for the purpose of processing a query and possible follow-up questions, when a user establishes contact with QUANDOO (e.g., by means of a contact form or by e-mail).
- The user’s IP-address will be stored, provided, a user has posted comments or other contributions. This is a safeguard measure for QUANDOO, for cases, where someone posts illegal content in comments and contributions (insults, prohibited political propaganda, etc.). QUANDOO will be interested in the identity of the author in such cases, as Quandoo itself may be sued for such comments or post.
- Users can possibly subscribe to successor comments, in which case, a confirmation e-mail will be sent to verify that such user is actually the owner of the e-mail address entered. Subscriptions to comments can be cancelled at any time. The confirmation e-mail will contain the relevant instructions in this respect.
- The data entered during registration will be used for the purpose of using the Offer. Users can be notified by e-mail on information relevant to the Offer or registration, such as modification to the scope of the Offer or to the technical circumstances. The data collected – such as name and e-mail-address – are evident from the entries to the input screens during the registration process.
- Newsletter & SENDING OF ADVERTISING BY E-MAIL
The Newsletter is used to provide our users with information regarding our company and our offers and/or on offers of our partners, usually restaurants. If a user wants to receive the Newsletter, we require a valid e-mail address and information that enables us to verify that the subscriber is the owner of the e-mail address or that the respective owner of the e-mail address used for the subscription, agrees to receive the Newsletter. No further information is collected. This data will solely be used for the purposes of sending the Newsletter.
In case a user has expressed his consent to QUANDOO whether during registration or at a later stage (e.g., during reservation or during the purchase of a voucher) that QUANDOO or a QUANDOO-Partner may send information to the user by e-mail, such user concurrently agreed that QUANDOO or a QUANDOO-Partner may utilise his data for sending the user information on Quandoo and on restaurant offers and on other services offered by Quandoo-partners on Quandoo by means of electronic mail.
Upon subscription to the Newsletter, we will store the IP-address of the respective user and the date of subscription. The storage of this data serves solely the purpose of proof in cases, where a third party abuses an e-mail address and subscribes to the Newsletter without the knowledge of the owner of the respective e-mail address.
Users can revoke their consent to the storage and the use of the data and the e-mail address for the dispatch of the Newsletters at any time. The revocation must be sent by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org or by post to the address stated above. Alternatively, a click on the “Unsubscribe”-link, that is provided in the e-mails sent to the user, can be used for revocation.
- Use of Social Media Plugins; Integration of third-party services and third-party content
6.1 QUANDOO uses social media plugins of several social internet networks (e.g., Facebook, Google+, Twitter, Pinterest, Instagram). These plugins enable the user to set bookmarks on these sites and to share these bookmarks with other participants of such social internet networks. Plugins can be identified by the logos that can be reviewed on the websites of the respective social internet network.
By invoking a webpage on our website that contains such plugins, a direct connection with the server of the social internet network will be established from where the visible image of the plugin will be subsequently displayed to the invoking user and the underlying functions will be transmitted to the browser of the invoking user, which will in turn integrate such functionality into the appearance of our website. QUANDOO therefore has no influence on the amount of data a social internet network will obtain with the help of such plugin. Provided a user is logged in to a social internet network with his username and password at the time, the respective social internet network will be notified automatically that the user is visiting our website, which in turn can be allocated to the user account of such user. If a user uses the plugins, this means, for example, one of our website pages is “linked”, “shared”, “tweeted”, “followed” or “pinned” by a user, the content of our websites will be linked to the social internet network user profile of the respective user. Even if a user of our website is not registered with a social internet network or has logged out before visiting our website, it may still be possible, that the IP-address of such user is transmitted to and subsequently stored by the social internet network.
We would like to point out that different data protection and liability regulations apply to these linked and third-party operated websites. The scope of data storage and data utilisation by the third-party website provider, which might result from the use of such linked websites, may exceed the scope of the data privacy statement at hand. The further processing by the linked social internet networks as well as the storage periods and the purpose of use is at the sole discretion of the respective providers. Please refer to the following links to obtain more information on the plugins used by the respective providers and on their data protection information.
Operator of the social network: Google Inc., 1600 Amphitheatre Parkway Mountain View, California 94043, USA; Google+ data privacy statement
Operator of the social network: Twitter Inc., 795 Folsom St., Suite 600, San Francisco, California 94107, USA; Twitter data privacy statement
Instagram Social Plugin
Operator of the social network: Instagram Inc., 1601 Willow Road, Menlo Park, California 94025, USA; Instagram data privacy statement
Operator of the social network: Pinterest Inc., 635 High Street, Palo Alto, California 94301, USA; Pinterest data privacy statement
6.2 It may happen that third-party content such as YouTube videos, maps from Google Maps, RSS feeds or graphics from other websites are integrated in this website Offer. This always presupposes that a provider of such third-party content (hereinafter referred to as “third-party provider”) takes notice of the IP-address of a user, since the IP-address is required for sending such third-party content to the browser of the respective user. Thus, the IP-address is required for displaying such content. We strive to only use content where the use of an IP-address by the respective Third-party providers is limited to the delivery of the respective content. However, we have no control over Third-party providers, if they store IP-addresses, for example, for statistical purposes. We shall advise users accordingly insofar as this is known to us.
- USE OF GOOGLE ANALYTICS
- DISCLOSURE OF DATA TO THIRD PARTIES
QUANDOO will relay a user’s personal data to third parties, in particular to QUANDOO-partners, if this is deemed to be required to render the services to a user chosen by him (such as the relay of a user’s data to the restaurants at which he intends to make a reservation) or if this is deemed to be imperative for the operation and the maintenance of the website and of Quandoo.
Otherwise, we will only relay a user’s personal data to third parties, if the relevant user has given his appropriate consent and if and insofar as this is deemed to be required to execute the existing contractual relationship with the relevant user (e.g., for processing the user’s table reservations), or if we are legally obligated to do so or if this is required to enforce our general terms and conditions of business or to enforce other agreements concluded with such user or if this should become necessary to enforce our rights and claims against such user.
Evaluations posted by a user as well as the username stated in such context, may be published by Quandoo on (i.) the evaluation page of the respective restaurants and/ or (ii.) on the homepage of the respective restaurant and/ or (iii.) on selected cooperation partners (like Apple, Google, Here, TomTom etc.) and/ or platforms/ portals/ local services (like Yellow Pages, Yelp, golocal etc.).
A user concurrently declares his consent with the publication of his evaluation and his username by confirming an evaluation.
Other data of a user will not be made accessible and will not be relayed to other users or visitors of Quandoo.
- OTHER WEBSITES; DATA TRANSFERS; MODIFICATION OF THE DATA PROTECTION DIRECTIVE AT HAND
10.1 We would like to point out that our Data Protection Directive will no longer apply once a user has left our website via a link and has accessed a different website. Once a user has accessed a different website he will be subject to the respective terms and policies of the other website. This also applies to websites which can be accessed via a link made available on our website. Users are advised to read the respective terms and policies of the other website beforehand.
10.2 Unfortunately, the transmission of data over the Internet is not one hundred percent secure. Although we do our best to protect the data of our users, we are unable to guarantee the security of the data a user transmitted to our website. Any transmission is at a user’s own risk. Once we received the data of a user, we apply stringent procedures and security features to prevent unauthorised access to such data.
10.3 Our data privacy statement is subject to change and may be modified at times. We will not constrain the rights of a user under this data privacy statement without the prior written consent of the relevant user. We will publish all modifications to the data privacy statement at hand on this website. In the event that such modifications should be substantial, we shall provide a clear notification (including, in the case of certain services, a notification by e-mail stating the modifications to the data privacy statement at hand). Furthermore, we will also archive older versions of the data privacy statement for future reference.